About Me

Sarasota, Fl, United States
Freelance illustrator and designer. You can email me at: bsishir@gmail.com or call 952-454-4382 For my process, sketches and experiments: http://sishirbommakanti.tumblr.com/

Friday, December 30, 2011

Headaches

"Headache" 2011 Acrylic, Watercolor, Oil Washes

Did this when I had a horrible headache, not being able to sleep, i used the concept of "skull splitting headaches" as a catalyst to create this image. The red box is a play on the concept of the black box, which is a body that inputs and outputs information, like the mind. When something in the body is inflamed it usually turns red. I used this idea to show the mind simply as the red shape, inflamed and in pain. I also really like working on this watercolor paper. 

2 comments:

Vincent Nappi said...

getting your Hundley on with all this concepting! nice work.

Daniel Cruit said...

One of my favorite pieces man. I love design for it's own sake, of course; but there's a certain completeness and truth to something when everything is there for a reason. That's what I love about work like this- levels of appreciation, I guess.

Really awesome.