About Me

Sarasota, Fl, United States
Freelance illustrator and designer. You can email me at: bsishir@gmail.com or call 952-454-4382 For my process, sketches and experiments: http://sishirbommakanti.tumblr.com/

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Déjà vu




The first Déjà vu I remember was back when I was 6 or 7. I was in India, and I was playing with my friends. I walked into their kitchen, and had this sense of already reliving that memory, this memory is still clear in my mind, which is why I have a fascination on phenomenon’s like this. Déjà vu means, already seen. Its that weird feeling where a certain instant in time is relived, or felt as if its relived, and sometime it feels like seeing the future. There are many theories as to why this happens; one is the possibility that the information traveling from one eye is delayed, causing you to relive a memory. Another possibility is that your mind might be going through a memory loop of some sort.
I kept thinking of instances as a starting point to my illustration. I wanted to juxtapose the same figure but in the instance of turning. I wanted the background to be seamless, but repeating. Essentially I have a figure in the instance of turning. The landscape is repeating. The girls face is split, with the left side staring at the viewers, while the right side turns to see what’s already been seen. The process for this illustration was a bit intensive; I was experimenting with film camera around this time, and wanted to play with the idea of having film negatives overlap. I dont particularly enjoy accidents in film, but from an experimental point of view it offers some interesting aesthetics. Overlapping images or double exposures inspired me to juxtapose the same figure in different poses next to each other. The final was much more subtle than the original idea. There is no reference to film cameras or negatives, but instead in involves the background image being repeated as a function for showing the same image again, and having two poses juxtaposed next to each other to represent an instant in time where the figure moves. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure exactly why but this web site is loading extremely slow for me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end? I'll check
back later and see if the problem still exists.


My site: Half Life 2 mod

Anonymous said...

Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you
have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo
News? I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Thanks

Here is my webpage :: Mindcrack

Anonymous said...

Hi there, its fastidious piece of writing regarding media print, we all understand media is a impressive
source of facts.

My blog post: Minecraft Gameplay

Anonymous said...

Hey there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading correctly. I'm not sure why but I
think its a linking issue. I've tried it in two different web browsers and both show the same outcome.

My site ... Defense of the Ancients